UPDATE: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Ever wanted to write a story that gets read and explored by people all over the world?
Now's your chance!
With the launch of the new Expedition Quest Creator, we're hosting a writing competition with some quest-worthy prizes!
All you have to do is write a quest and publish it in the Quest Creator by midnight January 16th (Eastern Standard Time) and you could win $50 in cash, or two copies of Expedition ($60 value), your choice!
Here are the categories - the best quest in each category wins a reward:
- Most thoughtful choices - Expedition quests aren't just stories - they're worlds where adventurers' actions have consequences. To win this award, show us a quest where adventurers have to make a variety of interesting and difficult choices that have a clear impact on the story and the world.
- Most interesting world - A quest isn't just about the adventurers and their choices - it's also about the world around them. If you want to win this award, write a quest with a many-layered world for adventurers to learn about and explore.
- Best puzzle(s) - Quests shouldn't just be hacking and slashing your way through foes - they can also include puzzles, challenges and riddles. If you want to want to win this award, write a quest with at least one challenging puzzle - but make sure to provide adventurers with enough information to solve it (i.e. no guessing a safe combination without any hints)
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of both new and experienced role-players. Ties will be broken by longest average play time to encourage deeper quest experiences (but remember that length can't come at the expense of quality)
Ready to write a quest? We know the Expedition Quest Creator is a lot to learn, and we're constantly working on making it more user friendly, and adding more powerful quest-writing tools. Message us on Facebook or via email if you have questions, need help or have suggestions! We'll also be announcing some "office hours" during the contest - to prevent spamming non-participants, only people who've created Quest Creator accounts will be notified of office hours.
To quest writers, world builders and puzzle builders everywhere.... good luck! And may the winds of fortune blow in your favor!
- The Expedition Team
To be eligible to win, you must:
- Include your name and email address as part of your quest metadata before publishing.
- Publish your quest(s) using the Expedition Quest Creator between the dates of December 8, 2016 and January 15, 2017.
- Quest must have a minimum play time of at least ten (10) minutes, counting each combat as taking five (5) minutes.
- Have your quest be selected by our panel of judges as the best quest in one of the three (3) provided categories. In the case of two or more quests equally fulfilling a category's primary, ties will be broken by the quest with the longest average play time.
- Winners will be announced on the Expedition Mailing List on January 21st, 2017. Subscribe to be notified
- No payment or purchase necessary to receive or claim a prize.
- Each quest entry may be considered for all categories, but may only win one (1) category.
- A maximum of three (3) quests will be considered from any contestant. If a contestant publishes more than that, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org on or around January 15, 2017 to indicate which quest(s) they would like to submit.
- All contestants have an equal opportunity to win, regardless of race, gender or location.
- Prizes: if the winner selects $50 in cash, they will receive it as a Venmo or PayPal transfer, or US check mailed to their provided address. If the winner selects to receive two copies of Expedition, they will be mailed to their provided address after or while (but not before) Kickstarter copies have been fulfilled.
- If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of being selected at the email address provided in their published quest with their acceptance, they forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected.
- As required by law, the list of contest participants and winners will be kept for a minimum of four (4) years from the date of prize redemption.
- By entering the contest, you agree to by added to the contest mailing list (which you can unsubscribe from at any time without affecting eligibility), and that your quest, name and likeness may be used by FabricateIO for free as part of the Expedition App, and for future marketing and promotional purposes.