In our first two weeks, we met Bigren the Bitter, a barkeep sporting a dislike of the Adventurers, and explored options we could give the players to respond to his rancor. In week 3 we complete our tawdry tale of alehouse animosity, giving Bigren some teeth to make the Adventurers take him seriously. By adding our familiar "> Roll a [roll]" code in the Quest Creator, we can make Bigren's choice result in a consequence for the party. I've included some suggestions in parentheses next to Bigren's action.
Bigren’s dislike has brought him to…
- …commission a thief to steal from their rooms. (Failed roll: Discard 1 Loot Item. Succeeded: Capture the thief.)
- …hire a Nightblade to assassinate the Adventurer he dislikes. (Failed roll: Combat. Succeeded: Surprise round.)
- …rub the bedding in your room down with poison ivy. (Failed roll: Take 2 damage. Succeeded: Detect and avoid the ivy.)
- …spit in their drinks.
- …try to poison them. (Failed roll: Take 4 damage. Succeeded: Detect and avoid poison.)
- …put a diarrhetic in their drinks. (Failed roll: -2 to all rolls next combat. Succeeded: You've befouled Bigren's business. This is its own reward.)
- …eavesdrop on their plans. (Failed roll: Add extra Tier to next encounter. Succeeded: Feed him false info. Reduce Tier level by 1 next Encounter).
- …start rumors about the Adventurers. (Failed: Stores charge extra 20%. Succeeded: Get 5% off Inn bill.)
- …arrange for prostitutes to besmirch their reputations.
- …hang effigies of the adventurers behind the bar. (Failed roll: -2 to next Magic Ability roll. Succeeded: Snatch the effigies when Bigren isn't looking.)
- …hire a witch to hex them.
- …deny them rooms in the Inn, because “it’s full”.
- …"gift" them a Tier I Loot item (that will automatically roll a “1” when used).
- …"gift" them a "charm" that will actually raise the first adventurer reduced to “0” hp as an enemy Zombie.
- …spray them with musk of horny dragon. (Failed roll: -1 to all rolls for the next game day, as you anxiously scan the sky for dragonsign. Succeeded: +1 to all attempts to charm anyone.)
- …accuse them of “offending the gods”.
- …give free drinks to any patron who can knock out the adventurer in a barfight. (Failed roll: Combat against 3 Tiers worth of Brigands. Succeeded: Intimidated the patrons enough to avoid combat.)
- …try to be a better man and reconcile with you.
- …betroth his daughter to another of your rivals.
- …choose 2 from the list.
Have an idea for the next Quest Crafter, or feedback on how we can make these more useful? Email us at Authors@Fabricate.io